Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Giving a CM notice while she is on leave - term time only contract

(7 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Jul-13 09:30:18

A CM friend of mine is currently on leave. One of her mums rang her and gave her notice. The contract is term time only. CM is now trying to work out the notice period. Does that include only the current weeks despite the contract being term time only or should the notice cover 4 weeks (which is the agreed notice period) during term time?

???

eeyore12 Tue 30-Jul-13 09:46:42

If it is a term time only contract I would say the 4 weeks notice has to be term time weeks so will have to pay/use the first 4 weeks back or should of given notice 4 weeks before the end of last term.

rumblefish Tue 30-Jul-13 09:47:30

i would have thought the 4 weeks would have to start when the new term starts in Sept as it is a term time only but I could be wrong was anything written in the contract about when notice can be given during the hols.

looneytune Tue 30-Jul-13 17:33:52

Agree with others, pretty sure it's 4 weeks of PAID for care so if she's term time only then that would be from Sept

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 30-Jul-13 18:52:26

Thanks, everyone.
Nothing was agreed in the contract as to when notice was to be given. I think the parties have since come to an agreement but once again it shows the importance of having every eventuality covered in a contract.

HSMMaCM Tue 30-Jul-13 19:50:02

If she uses NCMA contracts, I think they say something about notice periods not including time off.

Strix Tue 30-Jul-13 20:23:44

I think it is four weeks from the time notice is given, irrespective of term time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now