Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

wedding gift for mindees mum

(6 Posts)
zoeuk1 Fri 02-Jun-06 19:03:47

on wednesday one of my mindees mum picked up mindee and said im more than welcome to go to her wedding reception on saturday. really short notice but thought it was a nice gesture. just wondering if i should go with a gift and what sort of thing i should take, how much to spend etc. we havent had a formal invite just a verbal one on wednesday. not quite sure if i should just literally pop in for a drink or get dressed up and stay etc. what does everyone think?

Katymac Fri 02-Jun-06 20:32:00

Clotheswise I'd err in the middle very nice not OTT - then if you are asked to stay you look fine and if it's obv that you should move on - you can say you are going to XXXX.

Presentwise is much more difficult - 10% of their weekly bill?

LadyCodofCOdford Fri 02-Jun-06 20:39:21

bottle of champers

go say hello
coame home

zoeuk1 Fri 02-Jun-06 21:03:58

ok thanks for those ideas. i was thinking about getting a nice photo frame or something. bottle of champers is good idea although her husband-to-be is the landlord of a pub so not quite sure if they would appriciate it iyswim.

lexiemum Fri 02-Jun-06 21:54:35

don't go for a photo frame - they'll get loads of those. have you got time to pop into Debs tomorrow or check out their webpage - there's a good chance that they have their list with them. You could just browse and get an idea of what sort of things they like then buy something similar / in same style

zoeuk1 Sun 04-Jun-06 09:44:40

well, we didnt go! we were at a football tournament with ds 2 at 9.30am and they got all the way through and won the tournament so didnt get home until 6pm. we were all so tired and hungry that we just didnt have the energy to get ready and go out. i will say sorry for not being able to go when i see her tomorrow. feel a bit bad but it was just a casual invite if you see what i mean.also ive got a sunburnt nose!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: