Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Tax Questions ...............Can I claim for?

(12 Posts)
munchkinsmummy Thu 01-Jun-06 19:17:38

Can anyone please tell me wether or not I can claim for the following things

Sky Digital (Sky is used by minded children for 7.5 hours per week)

Window Cleaner (I would do it myself if I didn't have the children here)

Washing Bed Linen - how much can i claim

Batteries for toys
toilet/kitchen roll

Is there anything else I can claim for?

Many thanks

Riddo Thu 01-Jun-06 19:40:03

You can claim for batteries and loo roll but I doubt you can claim for the washing as that would come under claims for electricity and water.

I don't know about the TV and window cleaner.

jellyjelly Thu 01-Jun-06 19:41:23

sky a proportion of it maybe 10%
windows - i say yes but maybe half
Claim a bit on the powder if you have a spearate washing powder or claim it under wear and tear

batteries 50%
toilet roll about 25%

ThePrisoner Thu 01-Jun-06 23:47:14

Surely if the batteries are for toys to be used by minded children, then you can claim the full cost?

jellyjelly Fri 02-Jun-06 07:13:21

Ir will argue that if your children use it is is half. Had to buy a double buggy for work which ds sat in but only coz of mindee but could only claim for half.

Xena Fri 02-Jun-06 08:34:43

Jellyjelly Ir told me that you can claim the whole amt for a double as you wouldn't need one if I didn't cm.

looneytune Fri 02-Jun-06 09:32:25

I'm certainly claiming FULL cost for double pram, buggy boards, car seats, batteries etc. as I only need them because of childminding. It's irrelevant that my ds is sitting in them, using them - I wouldn't need the stuff if it was just ds! As for batteries, yes, he uses them but I'd probably not bother replacing the batteries if just ds!

jellyjelly Fri 02-Jun-06 13:32:43

I did claim for it in the end as i didnt need to buy it for us so i did but they couldnt understand my logic as you all do. And yes when the batt run out here they dotnget replaced quickly for ds.
He gets a rough deal sometimes.

looneytune Fri 02-Jun-06 14:44:15

jelly - do you just mean that if you ask IR they would say half? My IR lady said all but I bet they are like Ofsted and sort of make it up as they go along! You don't have to detail your expenses unless you are earning over (I think) £15000 a year anyway.

I personally would claim for a window cleaner if I had one as I'd have one because I was too busy to do it myself!

jellyjelly Fri 02-Jun-06 16:16:58

But you have to keep the recipts though as it was over a tenner. It was actually the ir lady who came around to discuss everything who said about it as it was listed on monthly expenditure sheets and she said i couldnt but i did.

looneytune Fri 02-Jun-06 16:23:23

funny - i was told it's ok by my lady who came round - JUST LIKE OFSTED then!!!

munchkinsmummy Fri 02-Jun-06 18:04:56

many thanks to everyone that has answered. it does seem that there is some conflicting info on this subject, all the cms in my area claim for different things.

on the subject of double pushchairs I have claimed for 2, the first one broke so i had to get a new one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: