Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMCLUB - Should i keep him?

(7 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Wed 31-May-06 16:27:32

ok im coming to the end of the months trial period for the little boy i started minding (my 1st one).

he's 4.5 and is quite well behaved apart from runs off alot, can be quite moody (due to tiredness i think)

his mum has once not turned up with no phonecall etc and today was half an hour late because she didnt wake up. (she is lucky i wasnt on my way to birmingham as i had popped home for something after going out esp to meet her) her phone doesnt work so can never contact her but she is supposed to be sorting that out today.

she has asked if she can pay on a different day.

i will only be having him until sept at the very longest and it's £45 a week (he is my only mindee)

just wanted to hear from all you old timers to see if you think this is normal/ acceptable before the trial ends.

Katymac Wed 31-May-06 16:29:59

I would extend the trial period - give it another 2 weeks and if you are messed arround again - give them notice

looneytune Wed 31-May-06 18:40:17

agree with katymac

agalch Wed 31-May-06 18:45:32

Are you planning to do a contract review with her? I do that before renewing the contract.You could use that as a way of talking through the issues you have with her etc being late and making sure you have at least one number on which to contact her.You can agree to a different payday but i would only do that as long as its still payment in advance.hth

LoveMyGirls Wed 31-May-06 20:32:26

im going to ask her if she can stay for a cuppa when she finishes work tomorrow so we can discuss it all.

might say that unless she meets me on time then she will have to bring him to my house. (and hope im in)

she needs to have a number i can contact her on and we will give it another 2 weeks (do i have to do any extra paperwork?)

oh just as an extra and because im so chuffed i wanted to tell you that i just got a call asking about a full time place starting monday - she is coming to meet me on friday!!!!

LoveMyGirls Wed 31-May-06 20:34:08

oh almost forgot about pay he starts his week on a wednesday and she pays for the whole week on a thursday so unless i can get her to pay this week and next week then i dont see hoiw i can get it in advance. i feel bad tho because she's on her own and money is tight so dont wanna bankrupt her by making her pay out 2 lots in one week iyswim (yes i know i am soft i need to toughen up)

Katymac Wed 31-May-06 23:17:19

Well how about a week and a half for two weeks or even a week and a third for three

NCMA are quite big on payment in advance

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: