Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - can I claim on expenses.....?

(8 Posts)
looneytune Sat 27-May-06 17:02:10

I am trying to have a big catch up on my accounts as I haven't done them since I started childminding (just kept all receipts etc).

I'm getting there but I've just come across some receipts and I'm not sure if I can claim for this?

Basically, our lounge decor was AWFUL when I first started childminding, very dark and not friendly at all. We painted it when I first started childminding and made it look a lot more welcoming and brighter for the kids.

I doubt I can claim for this but thought I'd ask anyway. We DID only decorate at that point due to how bad it was and unsuitable for the new business.

What do you think?

EvesMama Sat 27-May-06 17:03:54

yes..put it down as paint to improve childrens play area/environment basically as wear and tear..i would say deff yes and im just finishing my training so have heard all the new things coming about!

looneytune Sat 27-May-06 17:05:03

Oh cool, so pleased . Obviously we benefited as a family too but in all honesty, I think it would have been a total put off for parents if we hadn't decorated, therefore I did it to help my business!

Isyhan Sat 27-May-06 17:53:42

Yes Ive just had work done on the house and Im keeping all receipts to claim back tax etc.

looneytune Sat 27-May-06 17:57:04

Another question...........lots of debate in the past about whether or not entry fees to places for your own child can be claimed? Basically, if I go to soft play or something, I have to take my ds but only go due to childminding. Some people say they can claim, others say no.

What's right????

EvesMama Sat 27-May-06 19:51:01

i would say yes?, because as a childminder being diff from other jobs the likely hood is that you will have your own children..just put it through..ive been told that if you fall below the
£15 a year on lot thresh hold, you dont fill in the big tax form just the short one(a handful of questions) and dont normally need to provide reciepts(keep hold of them tho just incase)as long as it isnt excessive for say..a pair of new tights cos you woulnt be seen dead taking mindees to school run in bare legs!

alibubbles Sun 28-May-06 13:47:56

I have just finished my whole years account in one go. I would really reccommend an account package set up by a childminder. They are brilliant. So easy to use, and they look fantastic when printed off. It produces statements for parents etc. childsplayaccounts I have been minding 20 years and have never come across anything so easy, and DH has made me many fprmats. but thism is ace!

looneytune Sun 28-May-06 19:25:29

Wow, that is fab - I've just downloaded it and it looks like it's going to be great! Thanks Not doing it tonight though, off to have a little drinky now

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: