Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does this ad seem suitable to find some childcare?

(9 Posts)
clumsymum Fri 26-May-06 10:07:12

Could you be my
Part-Time Nanny?

I am a disabled working mum, and I need some childcare help with my bright and active son, aged 6.

You need to have a mature responsible attitude, be firm but with a good sense of fun, bright and active. You must have experience with children of this age, perhaps you are a parent or grandparent. If you know how to cook, that would be a bonus. Above all you must be caring, and enjoy being with children.

Hours
After-school for 3 days a week during term-time, to collect him from school at 3:30 p.m., walk him home then give him tea, and keep him happy and safe until 5:30 or 6 o’clock.
During school holidays 2 or 3 full days per week, caring for him at home, and taking him on outings, to the park, swimming, to see friends etc.
There may be the opportunity for occasional evening babysitting too.

I can pay good wages for the right, caring person.

I shall ask you for personal references and a CRB check. I am prepared to pay for a CRB check for the right candidate.

jellyjelly Fri 26-May-06 10:27:11

Have you thought about being first aid trained? If i was leaving my son i would want them to be trained.

clumsymum Fri 26-May-06 10:28:50

JellyX2
Are you first-aid trained? as a mother I'm not, it never occured to me.

Good thought tho'

jellyjelly Fri 26-May-06 10:30:00

Yes i am. You should want any professional to be trained if they will be looking after your most precious thing.

jellyjelly Fri 26-May-06 10:31:06

I am talking about the worker being trained not you just to make that clear.

Bink Fri 26-May-06 10:32:54

If you're going to put the ad up somewhere where there are lots of overseas people (like in London) you ought to specify what level of English you'd accept as a minimum (ie "English mother tongue or as good as") (or "fluent English", which would be a lower standard) - this is partly to do with homework help!

And you should specify that they should have the right to work in the UK.

Bink Fri 26-May-06 10:44:06

Oh, another thought: it can be useful to say that you'd prefer someone living locally - that way if you get masses of replies it helps sift them out.

Majorca Fri 26-May-06 16:33:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SqueakyCat Fri 26-May-06 20:57:22

Hope this isn't offensive at all, but is your being disabled relevant to your childcarer's experience of working for you?

If you are saying you are in the ad, it could imply as if it is relevant, either because you need some care yourself (but if that were the case, I'm sure you would have said so), or because you are present but cannot provide the care due to the disability (which is not the case if you are working (I mean, your job prevents you from minding your son, rather than your disability)).

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: