Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder's Club: Is it me??

(6 Posts)
Katymac Thu 25-May-06 22:20:59

New child starts

Mum says oh they won't eat xyz, they don't like abc, they don't drink water/milk etc, won't have a nap/sleep in a cot/fall asleep at all

and by the end of the fist day they have

TheMammy Thu 25-May-06 22:30:35

Nope... my ds will not eat oranges or kiwi at home for me. I told C/minder he wouldn;t eat them for me, she peeled an orange and chopped up a kiwi and right there in front mf me he devoured them and had the hand out for more

Katymac Thu 25-May-06 22:34:59

WHY??

I just don't understand it

I have even sent a piece of fruit home as it's "Katy's fruit" the child has eaten it and then refused the same fruit from home - so the mum fibs and says i buy all the fruit and give it too her

TheMammy Thu 25-May-06 22:43:49

I dunno. I asked her if she bought special organic stuff or anything but she said no. I bloody buy mine from a farmers market... maybe I should try tesco for him

He's only 17months so a bit too young for me to say they are A's oranges lol.

He has just started to feed himself at home, but will still not feed himself at the c/minders house.. I tell her she has him spoiled rotten

ThePrisoner Thu 25-May-06 23:20:28

One of my mindees will only drink juice, and brings a cupful from home. When it's gone, he refuses to drink water (which all the other mindees do). I told him that it is "Prisoner's Juice" and he happily guzzles the water!! If his parents give him water and tell him it's "Prisoner's Juice", he drinks it at home too!!

alison222 Fri 26-May-06 13:36:31

One of my mindees - who eats the worst of all of them I've ever had - apparently eats much more for me than she does at home - and I don't think she eats very well .
Perhaps it is eating in company of others it often seems to encourage them to try stuff when they see the others doing it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: