Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Disability Awareness Toys

(6 Posts)
littlenutmeg Thu 25-May-06 18:00:20

Hello to you all, I had my first Ofsted Inspection today which went fabulous. Just have to wait for certificate and I am away.

The only thing the Ofsted Inspector suggested was that I increase my toys which promote Disability Awareness.

My question is you used to be able to get toy figures of people in wheelchairs, a vision imparied person and a guide dog etc etc. But i cannot find them anywhere on the web.

Does anyone know where I can get them from or suggest an alternative.

Thanks ever so guys I have been browsing for ages now feel I can almost join you

take care x

jellyjelly Thu 25-May-06 18:09:31

Balamory do a story book that has the disabled lady in it and on the cover and it is red if it helps. i am trying to get other nationalities food objects.

JackieNo Thu 25-May-06 18:11:23

Some figures here

zoeuk1 Thu 25-May-06 18:54:49

i have a fantastic catalogue. the website for it is www.multicultural-resources.com
it has some play figures of people with different disabilities e.g. girl in wheelchair, boy wioth hearing aid etc. it also has loads of stuff like dressing up clothes, jigsaws etc.

looneytune Thu 25-May-06 19:15:21

I bought some things from ebay (by typing 'childminder' or 'childminding' in the search) but only because I didn't know where else to look. I will check these out!

lexiemum Thu 25-May-06 19:52:13

ebay is a good source. I sold a Little Tikes school bus with lots of different figures recently for nearly £20 once postage was included - paid £1.50 for it at a jumble sale!

would recommend looking for the bus - some of them even have the wheelchairs included.

Little tikes is a good name for multi-cultural pieces esp. in their dolls house range. Would use "little tikes" "childminder" and "multi-cultural" as seperate search terms in ebay - they will all pick up different answers. But beware they go for big bucks so something like the bus is useful if it comes complete with all the figures.

Also didn't someone recommend some good story books sometime ago?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: