Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

**have set up a website can you tell me what you think**

(24 Posts)
lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 15:52:42

caroline's childminding site

what do you think?

Was my 1st attempt, please be nice lol

babydales Wed 24-May-06 15:56:31

Seems ok. Is it just the one page?

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 16:02:04

yea thats all they give you, but i thought "its a start" can't afford a proper one till im earning

looneytune Wed 24-May-06 16:03:46

It's fine. You can get domain names so cheap (where I get them it's £6.09 for 2 years) so might be worth investing in one that you can forward to your free webpage. At least if you have business cards/posters up etc. you can advertise your webpage as something more memorable iyswim

MrsBadgerTheCelloPedaller Wed 24-May-06 16:11:31

looks good - well done for getting online!
To be honest one page like that is really all you need for a small business - it's a kind of virtual business card rather than a huge online resource.

If I was getting nitpicky I'd capitalise the Is in the first sentence and phrase it as 'I have 14 years of experience as a nanny', but that's personal choice

Agree with getting a domain so you have a more memorable web address - you can also use it for email, so you could put info@carolinechildminding.com or something on your adverts if you wanted to keep your aol address for personal use.

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 16:12:20

yea true, im going round shops 2mrw putting postcard ads up so fingers X'd

katzg Wed 24-May-06 16:15:05

the only thing i would change is you email address - i'm sorry but i'm not sure i would want me child looked after by chezbabe!

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 16:17:33

thats the email i uses for everything, signing on AOL etc, so need to use to really

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 16:17:34

thats the email i use for everything, signing on AOL etc, so need to use to really

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 16:17:40

thats the email i use for everything, signing on AOL etc, so need to use to really

bundle Wed 24-May-06 16:18:28

you could just create a new email account

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 16:26:14

ok changed email to childminderWD19@aol.com

its the beggining of my postcode

better? lol

MrsBadgerTheCelloPedaller Wed 24-May-06 16:29:12

katzg - that's kind of what I meant but didn't want to be too harsh!

New email address def a good idea, even if you just set it up to forward to your other account. Personally I think it's a good thing to keep all professional and personal contact details strictly seperate - but it's obviously an bit different if you're working in your home as with childminding.

MrsBadgerTheCelloPedaller Wed 24-May-06 16:30:03

good address!

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 16:35:10

whoohoo got it right lol

thanks guys, just hope it helps ((hug)) to you all

bundle Wed 24-May-06 16:37:00

what about putting things like non-smoker etc on there, also types of food

Mercy Wed 24-May-06 16:37:16

Well done you - I woudn't know where to begin!

Agree with Mrs Badger re slightly rewording the opening paragrah. I would also include all qualifications, NNEB, First-aid or whatever.

That is a brilliant email adress btw!

Good luck!

katzg Wed 24-May-06 16:38:40

much better - didn't mean to sound horrible at all, the new one gives a much better impression

bundle Wed 24-May-06 16:42:41

re-wording would help, eg I'm Caroline, a childminder with 14 years experience of nannying... etc. have to fly now but can help rewriting if you need it

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 16:59:11

carolines childminding site

have updated it, kept loosing it earlier, has taken ages lol

jellyjelly Wed 24-May-06 17:04:32

Do you need a ? after email me. Didnt look quite right.

lottiesmummy Wed 24-May-06 17:11:12

ok am all done now

caroline's childminding site

last time im changing it tonite, i now got a headache,

thanks for helping

kpnuts2006 Sat 27-May-06 12:57:47

Hi caroline, just been reading the posts, i created a web site on www.freewebs.com and created a website on there, it gives u loads of space to put hundreds of pages on. I then went onto www.dot.tk and changed to a domain name and my website is now www.kppoohbearchildcare.tk.

GOOD LUCK

lottiesmummy Sun 28-May-06 14:23:10

thanks for that,

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: