Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Registering with Ofsted!

(9 Posts)
Jollyolly Fri 24-May-13 18:49:58

Hi, is anyone here a registered Nanny with Ofsted? If yes, can you please let me know where you did the 'Common Core of Skills and Knowledge' course? as I've been struggling to find an organisation who is reputable and I just want to be sure that the course I'm doing is legit. thanks

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 24-May-13 19:18:00

Try MNT

Jollyolly Fri 24-May-13 23:38:08

I came across them online, but wasn't sure. Thanks

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 24-May-13 23:54:21

I think they're pretty reputable, they get a lot of recommendations on here. I've not used them personally though.

Jollyolly Sat 25-May-13 09:01:37

Oh...ok, we'll that's a great help. Thanks again.

nannynick Sat 25-May-13 12:20:00

I did Common Core via distance learning with MNT. I have NNEB from many years back, so needed to do common core to top that up.

Cathyrina Sat 25-May-13 12:48:49

I read somewhere that the Common Core would be enough and that you wouldn't need anything else to register - is that true or false?

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 25-May-13 13:13:47

True.

You need first aid, CRB, insurance as well, but common core is the only childcare qualification you need.

nannynick Sat 25-May-13 13:47:32

As Outraged says, True.

Problems come when someone has done a childcare course quite a long time ago... is that then suitable for Ofsted registration. Hard to know as things change over time, so as part of continuing professional development, doing the common core course can help make sure you meet the minimum requirement.

You should also be aware of local safeguarding children procedures. These can often be found on the local or county councils website. Eg: Surrey County Council

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now