Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Some general Questions

(5 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Mon 20-May-13 21:12:30

What is the procedure concerning pictures in Learning Journals of more than one child. Can I put a pic of child a with child b in child a's learning journal?

Anone been Ofsted inspected lately, may I ask what they were looking at?

Brownowlahi Mon 20-May-13 22:22:58

As I understand it, pictures of children should not be given to parents of another child, so if a photo has child A in it, that photo should not be given to child Bs parents. I assume the learning journal would be given to parents in the end, so should only contain photos of their own child.
When I was inspected, end of last year, they never even commented on the lack of photos in the childs book. I brought the subject up and told them I didn't take photos as the parent (I only mind one child at the moment) is funny about what happens to the images and it is just easier not to take any. Ofsted were (surprisingly) ok with that and to be fair, even if new parents are ok with pictures I probably won't bother taking any just for putting in the books.

HSMMaCM Tue 21-May-13 06:09:28

My parents have specifically given permission for group pictures with their child in to be shared with the other children's parents.

Runoutofideas Tue 21-May-13 07:46:36

Mine too, as often the pictures are specifically to show great co-operation/sharing etc. None of my parents mind their children's photos being in other children's learning diaries. I never put anything identifying next to the photos, but most of the parents know each other anyway.

MUM2BLESS Fri 24-May-13 13:33:15

Thanks for your advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now