Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny from abroad!!!!

(4 Posts)
TohnoE Mon 20-May-13 16:26:45

Whilst me and my DH were living in Japan we had a live-in nanny look after our 3 children when we went to work. But since we've moved back to England my DH wants to have the same nanny to move to England just to look after our 3 DD's. The nanny is quite old and looked after my DH when he was a child. I think that the idea is silly to make her come here, no matter how much he pays her! How do I make him see sense????

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 20-May-13 16:39:21

You don't need to - the UKBA will do that for you. grin She won't be allowed to come.

annh Mon 20-May-13 21:35:44

Is the nanny Japanese? Even if she was allowed to come here, what makes your husband think that an elderly lady wants to move half-way around the world as a nanny?

nannynick Mon 20-May-13 21:43:10

Youth Mobility Scheme is open to citizens of Japan. However there is an age limit - under 31. So that's a non starter in your case.

No other visa available to my knowledge, so no hope of having someone come from Japan to work for you.

So that should make him see sense. Surely she would not want to come anyway, would she? A holiday perhaps but not to live and work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now