Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to find a baby sitter?

(11 Posts)
EggsMichelle Sat 18-May-13 15:31:14

I need to find a baby sitter at short notice, don't leave near any family for their help. There are loads of websites advertising baby sitters, but where to I go to find a trust worthy one?

nannynick Sat 18-May-13 16:10:01

If very short notice you could use an agency like Sitters (they have a discount for mumsnetters, see mumsnet discounts section).

If you have time to do a short interview, then you can find local people via www.childcare.co.uk

Recomendations from patents you meet such as at toddler group.

Forresitters Sat 18-May-13 16:50:13

What area are you? Can recommend some very good trustworthy agencies and babysitters if in Londonsmile!

juneybean Sat 18-May-13 16:56:30

As a nanny I get last minute bookings through Tinies or MyFamilyCare if that helps? smile

EggsMichelle Sat 18-May-13 19:56:03

Thanks for the help, I'm in Nottingham but hoping there will be people available here too.

hello eggsmichelle I am a maternity night nanny and babysitter and cover all of the east midlands and warwickshire I am based in leicestershire but very close to motorway so easy to travel.

PM if you would rather - also I dont want to get into trouble for advertising. smile

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Mon 20-May-13 10:16:13

Hi I live about 8 miles from Nottingham and am available for babysitting (can be short notice if req.), have PM'd you.

Corriewatcher Tue 21-May-13 09:49:36

I started using Sitters last year and have been very impressed by the babysitters they have sent. They've generally been nannies and have had a really good way with my children. I didn't realise there was a MN discount so worth checking out.

MiTran Fri 24-May-13 16:12:39

Hi EggsMichelle

I am available please call me on 07789206355, and send me your email so that I can email across to you my CV and CRB, I am very flexible with the babysitting, I live in w10 london.

Please tell me where do you reside?

Thanks

I look forward to hearing from you.

regards
Mi Tran

juneybean Fri 24-May-13 16:22:34

She states above she is in Nottingham. Bit of a commute from London!

Juney i wanted a like button for that as made me laugh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now