Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Finding babysitter when awat -- nanny job? Childminder? etc.?

(12 Posts)
Uwila Mon 22-May-06 14:21:13

Has anyone ever used the babysitter ads? We going to Dartmoor (exeter actually) for a week in June and want to be able to drop the kids off and go to dinner in peace a couple of evenings. Can anyone recommend a good way to find a good trust worthy sitter. I'm also thinking of just contacting some childminders in the area and ask if they babysit. I don't suppose anyone lives in Exeter and has a good recommendation for me???

Uwila Mon 22-May-06 14:21:39

Oh. nice title. When AWAY, not awat.

HappyMumof2 Mon 22-May-06 14:24:37

Message withdrawn

Uwila Mon 22-May-06 14:33:43

We are actually going for a super cheapo holiday and will be in a holiday inn express. So, while I would rather the kids just got settled into their beds, I'm not sure that would be much fun for the babysitter. So, I was sort of thinking that a childminder where we would drop them off for a few hours might be better. We'd probably have to make it an early dinner. I'm not really sure. I haven't done this before. Any advice most welcome!

Uwila Mon 22-May-06 16:09:39

bumb

jellyjelly Mon 22-May-06 16:20:20

I Have gone to holiday inns for babysitting and it was fine. Had tv and mags so was ok.

lottiesmummy Mon 22-May-06 17:27:59

maybe call an agency near where you are going to and ask for babysitters they may have on their books?

goosey Mon 22-May-06 17:40:46

If you fancy driving a bit further south for your dinner, I would love to help. JimJams would vouch for me

Uwila Mon 22-May-06 21:09:48

Hey, that might be an idea. Where are you, Goosey?

goosey Mon 22-May-06 21:17:53

I'm in Ivybridge Uwila - approx 40mins away.
This gives some more info about me.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you think I may be of some use to you.
Hope you have a good break anyway. It's lovely down here

Uwila Tue 23-May-06 08:27:51

What a lovely webpage! Do you know of a nice restaurant in Ivybridge? Does Jimjams live near you?

And, obviously, you have registration, etc. that I could see upon drop off?

goosey Tue 23-May-06 15:41:03

I have just sent you an email Uwila.
Yes, I have all the registration docs - and reams of stuff besides!
Jimjams is about 15 mins away from me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: