Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Stressing about wording this text to a parent

(16 Posts)
Saltire Thu 16-May-13 11:32:45

She can't have her phone in work, and I don't want to go through the office to get her in case she gets really stressed. I also wont see her till tomorrow,so whats the best way to word a text telling her I need to speak to her aobut an incident involving her Dcs earlier?

feelingfitter Thu 16-May-13 11:37:17

Is it an urgent matter?

If so, I would contact regardless.

If not, then why not leave a note for her this evening saying you'd like a quick chat and when is good to talk?

Saltire Thu 16-May-13 11:39:53

I think it is urgent, one of them got hurt by the other, but it was more the violence and feoricty of the attack which is really bothering me.
She is a worrier at the best of times and her DH is away, there has been a very fast dowhill slide in the behaviour of the older one - but dad being away is no excuse for what happened today.
I want to speak to her face to face actually, as I think it would be better, but need to word a text telling her to ring me - one which won't have her flying out of work in a major panic!

oohaveabanana Thu 16-May-13 11:43:27

Hummm, when do you want to talk to her? Does it need to be today whilst she's at work? Surely she can't do anything until she sees the kids anyway? Or do you want to discuss how you manage discipline/behaviour this afternoon?

Sounds like something that would be much better dealt with f2f/in a calm moment (speaking as a parent)

If I got a vague text from a cm I would assume the absolute worst, & I'm not particularly a panic-er...

feelingfitter Thu 16-May-13 11:44:13

Could something along the lines of "xxx been a bit rough with xxx today. There were tears. All ok but maybe we could have a chat at some point to discuss?"

oohaveabanana Thu 16-May-13 11:45:16

Assuming she's picking up this eve, how about a text saying something like 'Nothing at all life-threatening, but ds1 has hurt ds2 xxxxx (fill in details) - would be good to talk this afternoon at pick up about how best to manage this/strategies for the future."

dyslexicdespot Thu 16-May-13 11:47:47

The incident happened today, but you will not see her till tomorrow? Is someone else picking her children up today?

Saltire Thu 16-May-13 12:48:27

They go to football on a thursday with another parent.
I feel this is serious enough to let her kniw what happened sooner rather than later.
There will be bruising on younger child

BobStrangeNameforaGirl Thu 16-May-13 12:52:06

I'd just put "Please call me when you're free, don't worry." At least that way she knows you need to speak to her soon but also nothing serious has happened to the children.

OutragedFromLeeds Thu 16-May-13 12:57:49

If she can't have her phone at work, what's the point in texting her? Just call her this evening. I'm sure the DC's can explain any bruising/marks with a basic outline of what happened if they see her before you get a chance to talk.

Saltire Thu 16-May-13 13:12:07

Outraged she gets a lunchbreak. I sent a text anyway asking her to ring me but nit too worry.
The older ds had his sibling on the floor and was kicking him on head and body. Serious enough for me to want to talk to her before romorrow.

OutragedFromLeeds Thu 16-May-13 13:20:59

Oh I see, you want her to ring you on her lunch break. Sorry misunderstood.

fivesacrowd Thu 16-May-13 13:53:24

I think you've done the right thing Saltire. Let her know today what's happened and then she'll know what's been going on before her dc get home tonight. Gives her time to work out how she'll deal with it and means you're not stressing overnight about telling her. Are these the same mindees you had to remove all your furniture for?

Saltire Thu 16-May-13 14:36:24

fivesacrowd - no they left a while ago under not very nice circs, had to take thos eparents to court.

These are different childre, aged 9 and 5.5 years. On the whole they are good but I have had issues with the older child, i will admit I find him quite hard work sometimes, very demanding of time and attention too. Todays episode was bang out of order too, his brother has a black eye and probably bruises on his face, head shoulders and tummy

thistlelicker Thu 16-May-13 14:42:30

Wow! A lot of hurt caused by a little boy!! No wonder your keen! Hope little one is ok

doughnut44 Thu 16-May-13 18:22:29

hi. I know you have dealt with the matter but I wanted to chip in.
I would have dealt with the incident and done any paperwork relevant (I would have thought incident and accident report) I always give a carbon copy of the accident report to the parents. I would have sent the text at the end of the day asking her to ring as there has been a minor incident - nothing major but it needs to be discussed.
hope all went well for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now