Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Aargh! Advice please.

(6 Posts)
fivesacrowd Wed 15-May-13 18:18:23

Mindee left 2 months ago. They'd asked me before handing in notice if I could have her a couple of days over summer hols. Agreed, subject to me having space. Mum was sketchy about whether she would actually need me, dates, length of days needed etc. (same parent who didn't even say thank you for the 2 years I'd looked after her dd, sometimes til 8pm, often when I'm actually closed - I'm mean to be term time only). So, holiday flights have changed and I'm now away on the days she'd asked me about. I've txt her to say I'm no longer available and she's having a massive strop about how she'd booked me. Bearing in mind that she'd already been warned that if I took on other mindees I wouldn't be available, and the fact that I'm out of the country and she has a history of phoning me the night before to say she's found a cheaper option, how do I word my response?

RandomMess Wed 15-May-13 18:20:33

I'd just text back "sorry that you're disappointed but the holiday company changed the flights so there is nothing I can do about it"

I would want to text something very different back though!!!

Xroads Wed 15-May-13 18:24:48

Didn't you realise as a childminder your world revolves around other people? wink

Text her back the above reply.

feelingfitter Wed 15-May-13 18:49:01

As Roads said. You agreed to have the child regardless of the fact you had np dates put to you. The fact you are a CM and this woman has a child means that everything must stop when she needs you even tho she messed you around previously and you no longer mind her child. It's a lifelong commitment don't you know.

hmm she wishes.

Enjoy your break away and text what random said

fivesacrowd Wed 15-May-13 18:57:50

Ive just Txt what random said and added I'm sorry to mess her about - I'm not, but it sounded like I am. wink

RandomMess Wed 15-May-13 19:29:29

wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now