Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitting and cancelling info please

(5 Posts)
DerbyshireNanny Mon 13-May-13 16:40:09

Hi
I take bookings for babysitting, just wondered if anyone has a cancellation policy when bookings are taken a couple of months in advance, dont want to start taking payments early as tends to get put off, but also dont want to turn jobs away and get let down last minute, and then loose out
Thanks

eeyore12 Mon 13-May-13 18:18:02

I know a few babysitters who charge a min amount if less than 24 hrs notice or if they have to cancel themselves that late offer a free sit next time.

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Mon 13-May-13 22:16:55

I don't charge a cancellation fee as I don't see how I would enforce it (also I do accept that sometimes cancelling is unavoidable), but, if a family started cancelling/letting me down regularly I would probably question whether I wanted to work for them.

I have occasionally asked for a 'deposit' for night nannying jobs but it depends on likely duration, when the start date is and how many other families I have wanting me for the same period. More often than not though I end up working for several families at once & just juggling them all as I don't like to turn work down!

laurend7 Mon 13-May-13 23:43:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

minderjinx Tue 14-May-13 09:23:17

I do take payment on booking. It's up to you of course, but I don't find it puts people off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now