Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

self evaluation form!

(6 Posts)
mybestday Mon 13-May-13 14:53:58

I am trying to fill this form in and finding it a bit daunting! Has anyone got any advice or know where I can look at some examples? Thanks

moogy1a Mon 13-May-13 16:56:07

Don't bother!!
make your own self evaluation up.
Have a few headings such as "how can I improve resources"
"how am I encouraging learning of literacy and how can I improve"
etc.
Much easier and far more relevant to your individual circumstances and children.

looselegs Mon 13-May-13 20:02:52

..as moogy said-don't bother!!
Seriously,you don't need to do the Ofsted one(personally I think its very long winded and repetitive)-as long as you can show Ofsted that you reflect on what you do and maybe make changes because of that,then thats all they need.

mybestday Mon 13-May-13 20:19:31

Interesting. So do you write this down or just be able to give verbal examples of your reflections?

surfandturf Tue 14-May-13 18:35:01

I use a large diary and jot things down in there. I also use it as a 'to do' list and check things off when I've done them! Doesn't have to be too formal as far as I know but better to have something in writing as evidence.

looselegs Wed 15-May-13 19:28:00

..just as surf said-jot things down in a diary..
...so,if, for example, you find a better or easier way to do observations,then write it in your diary with a brief note why.
As long as Ofsted can see that you are reflecting on your practise,then that should be all you need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now