Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What details do I need to let tax credits know dd is at childminders?

(11 Posts)
rainbowslollipops Mon 13-May-13 10:46:47

I was told by childminder that all I'd need is her early years childminder number and that tax credits would put it on the system and it'd come up her details. So I call them and do that and apparently they now don't take that number hmm . Apparently now they only take name and address. hmm

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 13-May-13 11:13:33

Usually it's ofsted number and name and address and how much you pay, they may want receipts too.

rainbowslollipops Mon 13-May-13 11:22:56

I thought they'd want the number but apparently not at all. Which I find odd.

rainbowslollipops Mon 13-May-13 11:23:21

I won't have a receipt until the end of the week dd starts Thursday

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 13-May-13 11:26:20

They might not ask for receipts but a few of mine have had to send a few weeks worth, if they don't need the ofsted number they must just look her up from name etc with ofsted.

rainbowslollipops Mon 13-May-13 11:33:34

But you'd think the number would make it easy for them. Otherwise I could say any random address and name.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 13-May-13 11:51:18

Not anyone would be registered though? They will have a list of childminders, anyone can ring up and just give a childminders name that's half the problem not enough checks are done to check they are actually using them.

ReetPetit Mon 13-May-13 12:24:48

you can't inform them until the change takes place, so if she starts
thursday you would need to call them thursday/friday.

they normally ask for registration number, setting name, address and how much you are paying.

rainbowslollipops Mon 13-May-13 12:39:00

They've put the change on the system cause I've paid for the first week myself and said that its fine.

ReetPetit Mon 13-May-13 13:11:44

oh well, that's ok then! smile

nannynick Mon 13-May-13 13:39:48

Everytime you make a payment, make a note of it. Ideally have a reciept for each payment, or an invoice from your childminder. Also paying by cheque or bacs rather than in cash can help as then your bank statements show the payments as well.

It could well be the case that the registration number is not needed, the name and address of the childminder can be cross matched against data held by the childcare regulator (Ofsted if in England). About time that HMRC had direct access to Ofsted's regulatory support application.

You should make sure you have see the childminders registration certificate and made a note of their name, address and registration number.

You should also keep a copy of the contract, plus if any amendments are made to it, keep a copy of documentation regarding the changes, such as emails.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: