Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advertising for a nanny?

(4 Posts)
Alanna1 Sun 12-May-13 16:41:43

I'm new to this. I live in London. Where do I advertise for a nanny? Any agencies recommended? If I do it myself, what should I check for? (If its relevant, I'd like to get a nanny for 1 day/week (whilst I'm at home too), rising to 2 days when I return to work. The days can be flexible.

notapoloshirtperson Sun 12-May-13 17:18:21

You could try Mumsnet local. Gumtree, and nannyjob.co.uk.
Be very specific about your requirements in your ad. Which days you want/ages of children/hours. Do you want a CRB check, do you need OFSTED registered? First aid/ quaifications/ native English speaker etc etc!
Good luck.

Karoleann Sun 12-May-13 19:45:12

I've always advertised on netmums, childcare.co.uk, nannyjob and gumtree. All four of my nannies I've found through gumtree, though you do need to be prepared to sift through lots and lots of wildly unsuitable candidates.

I think you would be cutting down your potential candidates if you only want one day rising to two, although it depends what time scale you're thinking of and if you can be flexible with days.

Good luck with your search. there is a website called best bear which has lots of questions you may want to ask a potential candidate.

Newrowsees Mon 13-May-13 16:26:45

I would recommend using nannyjob and childcare but not gumtree. I got hundreds of applications from there, some of which were clearly unsuitable; of the people I interviewed none came via gumtree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now