Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

for childminders to help me

(4 Posts)
babyhollie Sat 20-May-06 21:24:45

Hi what would do in this situation. I have been asked to have a baby to satrt in january. The lady whose baby it is is head at our local early years department.

she has asked me to do a letter about pay etc.. She wants three days a week. I was thinking of charging her £400 maybe £500 up front and when starts maybe refund her £100 back off first months bil. what do you think

Nicola x

nicnack2 Sat 20-May-06 21:26:56

Not a childminder but my childminder ask that we pay a retainer from when we book the children in to when they start. DS2 is to start in sept so its £5 a week non refundable whether we do or do not start. hth

Booh Sun 21-May-06 12:44:34

January is a long way off!!

The first question is, do you have the space now and will it be unused between now and January - therefor you will not get any regular income from this space between now and then?

If this is the case then you could charge half/full fee between now and then.

If you are already uding that space, and it becomes available in January then you should just charge a deposit, I think that £500 is an awful lot, I think the standard is one weeks fees non returnable.

ANything else then please ask

HappyMumof2 Sun 21-May-06 14:00:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: