Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Some general questions - thanks (childminder asking)

(9 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Fri 10-May-13 21:25:58

Putting them together, rather than starting new threads for each.

1. What details would you put on your business card? or to advertise your business?
2. Toilet training boys, do you let them sit down on the toilet? 2 year old.
3. Any activity ideas for girls aged 8/9.
4. Where to advertise?
5. Not attending a childminding or toddler group as got before and school kids and one little one who comes at 2-5.30. How to keep in touch with whats happening?

Thank you so much

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 11-May-13 01:07:34

I'm not a CM but I have an 8 coming up 9 year old DD and she and her friends love to make stuff...they like t shirt art (sharpies and cheap t shirts) they liked it when I showed them how to make tray gardens too....trays with moss lining them...then you make a miniature garden out of twigs, tiny flowers...stones...make a pond...all in natural materials from the garden.

Some like baking, lego, reading and art...dancing.

Redbookworm Sat 11-May-13 10:35:14

Hi
1. My business card has my name, phone number and email address, qualifications and years in childcare.
2. When potty training boys they have all sat down on toilet/ potty ( much less mess!)
3.the children I look after about this age like craft, beading,cooking, games and all the children play together dress up, schools, dancing.
4.im lucky as don't advertise as my work is word of mouth but there as websites like childcare.co.uk or your local children's centre and schools may put you on a list.
5.see if your local area has childminders network or training courses. Maybe try talking and meeting up with other local childminders.

Hope this helps

R

fivesacrowd Sat 11-May-13 18:30:38

1. Name, address, that I'm fully registered, registration body and that I have "standard of excellence in childminding" qualification.
2. Def sitting down at first, don't usually have the coordination to stand & aim.
3. Craft activities, veg plot, baking, dance games on wii or Xbox connect.
4. Do you have local coordinator. I advertise on scma website, but most come from word of mouth.
5. Other cm at school gates or at training courses.

Happy to help

MUM2BLESS Sat 11-May-13 21:08:21

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie - thank you for your comments.especially love the tee shirt idea. sorry to ask what are shapies?

Redbookworm thank you your comments does help!. Where did you get your business cards?

fivesacrowd - Def sitting down at first, don't usually have the coordination to stand & aim thanks for that. We did some planting in pots not too long ago. Tomato and cucumber. Growing nicely.

The lady from one of the Childrens Centre (our contact) left this month. The NCMA Development Officer left a while ago. I will see what is going to happen.

Nice one!!!

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 11-May-13 21:40:45

Oh I meant Sharpies! grin They're indelible markers...come in all colours and it's a sort of cheat's way of fabric decoration...you can also do it on those cheapy plimsolls from Primark...white works well...kids like doing that as they imagine their customised shoes look funky...they do too..kinda! grin

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 11-May-13 21:44:35

Today my 8 year old made these fairy houses and she loved it...just a loo roll tube, some old wallpaper for the roof which is a semi circle rolled into a cone...then I cut out windows with a stanley knife but you could stick them on...she decorated it with fabric flowers, stickers and glitter...the thing with 8/9 year old girls is that they pretend they're into all sorts of grown up stuff...but face them with a table full of glitter and glue and card and they turn into little girls properly again.

MUM2BLESS Sun 12-May-13 21:41:23

Thank you so much NeoMaxiZoomDweebie. Where did you get your nickname from (Very interesting).

The girls love fashion drawing. I may need to get some ideas from my 11 yrs old daughter.

Thanks a lot !! (from Notitnghamshire originally smile)

Redbookworm Wed 15-May-13 06:40:17

I got my business cards from Vistaprint.... Very good prices

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now