Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

HELP! Behaviour Management

(3 Posts)
Suzycb Fri 10-May-13 07:49:08

Ten years as a registered childminder & endless training but never thought I'll have a unique one! I'm exhausted b'cos I've to be careful to balance my attention to everyone without other children not loosing out. Usually most children behave differently when not with their parents but not my one sadly. She's 3 yr old with her own mind! She disagrees with almost all my routine initially until I mention reward which sometimes works. She's very controlling towards children & myself, not to mention about her parent.
Very challenging indeed.
Can we please brain storm?
Thank you very much!

Ps: star chart/snack reward

5318008 Fri 10-May-13 14:53:00

what sort of behaviour are we talking about here? I don't want to start spouting about topic A when in reality you've hit a stumbling block over topic B! grin

MUM2BLESS Fri 10-May-13 18:51:30

More information if possible. Whatever the challenge is you need the parents to support you in this. I have had many challenges over the years as a cm. From child who was biting to one who would answer back and challenge my authority.

Watching this space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now