Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice please re nanny

(4 Posts)
onedayatatime73 Thu 09-May-13 21:45:19

Looking for some advice please

Am thinking we may need a nanny when I finish my maternity leave

To get me started, can anyone point me in the direction of a really helpful link I have seen before that is something like 'the true cost of a nanny'?

And is there a simple downloadable contract?

And there must be a brilliant mumsnet guide to interview questions for a nanny?

Sorry if this has been asked a zillion times. Have tried searching and can't find what I am looking for

Many thanks.

renovatinghouse Thu 09-May-13 21:54:30

Hi oneday, I'm in the same position as you, so will be looking at the answers you get with interest. I have found childcare.co.uk very useful so far.

nannynick Thu 09-May-13 21:58:47

I have posted some cost calculations in the past, there is a 5-day per week calculation here which will give you things to think about. Your actual costs could well be different, try keeping a log of what you spend on your child/children during a typical week to get a feel for activities/misc costs budget.

ANA contract is on NannyJob.co.uk which could be used as a starting point.

Some interview questions.

nannynick Thu 09-May-13 22:03:22

You may also want:

checking nannies references - questions to ask when talking to previous employers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now