Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

little one crying all morning...finding it hard...advice please.

(8 Posts)
woahthere Thu 09-May-13 21:40:05

I have a 9 month old that started 4 weeks ago, only for 2 half mornings a week. Poor little thing cries on and off all morning, even if i carry her round all morning.
I feel like its really affecting the other little ones I look after - 5 hours is a long time to listen to crying.
How long might it take? i feel like this might be a slow process because shes right at that separation anxiety age, and, shes not coming enough to get used to us.

If I gave notice, do you think the parents would be really pissed off with me or glad that I was being honest.

Please be nice to me, i had a horrible day!

onceipopicantstop Thu 09-May-13 21:48:02

Have you discussed the problem with her parents? Giving notice seems a bit unfair without trying to resolve the situation first. Is there a familiar toy or comforter she could bring with her?

gwenniebee Thu 09-May-13 21:53:11

Could she be teething? My nine month old is a distaster zone at the moment, she doesn't know what she wants poor baby - I'm sure it's teeth.

I suspect she will get used to you more quickly than you expect, too. I was also told to expect that my dd would get worse before she got better with the cm, as she will learn that she is being left for quite a while. Once she realises it is quite fun she will calm down again!

ReetPetit Thu 09-May-13 21:55:47

i know how awful this is and can quite understand the wanting to give notice. i have done it myself... only you know how much more you can take and whether the other little ones you look after can bear it.

How are the parents? are they willing to work with you? have you discussed with them how bad it is?

i have had a terrible settler recently, it's taken us 3 months to get to a stage where she is not crying constantly. she is not 100% happy - mum does things differently to me and this is taking some getting used to on her part but she's getting there - slowly. its very draining and it really depends on how much you need the income and other factors such as how well you get on with the parents.

i agree, also she is not coming to you very much which makes it harder for them to settle.

good luck with whatever you decide, and if you do give notice, don't beat yourself up over it, sometimes its just not worth the stress.

woahthere Thu 09-May-13 22:45:15

i wouldnt just give notice without discussing first dont worry.

i think she may be teething yes. I just feel very bad for the other children as well, it is making one in particular cry as well which is then like a cycle of crying! It would make me so happy if she suddenly stopped and settled gwenniebee!

3 months is a long time, dont know if my nerves can take that long!

Income is not an issue, i earn plenty without it.

I'll give it another week i think but talk to mum x

LEMisdisappointed Thu 09-May-13 22:48:28

Just talk to her mother - christ on a bike, if my child was crying all morning id want to know about it, so i could reconsider if leaving her was absolutely necessary - poor little mite sad (not your fault of course)

doughnut44 Thu 09-May-13 23:13:44

I have the same at the moment and it's hard. You feel guilty that the baby is crying and guilty because you are not giving the others the care and attention they need.
I spoke to the mum about it last week and I have felt much better about it since I think the worry of speaking to her about it was weighing me down too. the problem is still there but mum is now aware there is a problem and we need to work together to solve it. Little un has been off poorly this week but I have him tomorrow so fingers crossed x x x

woahthere Fri 10-May-13 11:17:58

seems a lot better today...fingers crossed for me it carries on! No other children though, so maybe that has something to do with it. Mum is aware about the crying LEMisdisappointed, I do tell her, I know she feels awful leaving so I try and reassure her that she will be fine and it will get better. Fingers crossed for you doughnut!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now