Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My wonderful, wonderful childminder is giving it up. Where can I find another one?

(7 Posts)
reddaisy Thu 09-May-13 19:55:31

I have got one month to replace our lovely, lovely, lovely childminder who has become a second mum to DS. I am so sad but I need to start ringing around and I can't even find the list of registered childminders. Where do I find that? Very sad tonight sad

nannyof3 Thu 09-May-13 19:57:41

Where do u live?

nannynick Thu 09-May-13 19:59:07

Ask your childminder if they can recommend anyone.

The list of Registered Childminders is held usually by your county council or local council. Look for your areas Family Information Service. Call or email them for the latest list.

blizy Thu 09-May-13 20:00:03

If you are in Scotland you can go onto the family information service website, this lists all registered childminders and nurseries in your area. I don't know if there is an English version of it.

sweetestcup Thu 09-May-13 20:08:28

As blizy says the FIS in Scotland is the CARIS website. DH advertises here, and has had some business through it.

Personal recommendation is important to so I agree with nannynick and ask your current cm if she knows of someone with any vacancies she could recommend. Also look in your local doctors surgery, library and newsagents noticeboards, our local cm's advertise there. Google your hometown and childminders and see what comes up.

reddaisy Thu 09-May-13 20:18:16

I have just spoken to the one person who has been recommended and I vaguely know her. She is always full but has been thinking of taking on an assistant which might work. My current childminder is based near my work so she doesn't know anyone where I live. Looks like I need to ring for the council list but I have just look on Ofsted site and found some on there. I will really miss our CM, she made going back to work bearable.

reddaisy Thu 09-May-13 20:18:42

I am in East of England btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now