Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

has anyone else heard that ofsted are going to stop inspecting cms?

(8 Posts)
redheartonpink Thu 09-May-13 17:11:05

Or did i mishear or get the wrong end of the stick? I think i heard that after september cms will have to
join an agency but not be inspected by ofsted??? Anyone else know any more?

HSMMaCM Thu 09-May-13 17:12:48

If CMs choose to join an agency, then the agency will be inspected. We don't have to join though (yet).

redheartonpink Thu 09-May-13 17:25:43

So will the agency inspect us in the same way as ofsted?

nannynick Thu 09-May-13 17:45:19

No news yet about agencies to my knowledge, much is yet to be determined.

Have a read of the Mumsnet Webchat with Liz Truss.

Liz Truss spoke in Parliament today. You can watch that right now via Parliament TV... once the video loads, scroll to 10:21 which I think is about the start of the questioning. (Not sure how long that link will be valid, expect it gets put in the archive at some point.)

redheartonpink Thu 09-May-13 18:10:30

Thats really useful. Thank you.

nannynick Thu 09-May-13 18:18:29

If of any help, This Search picks up when Childminder Agencies is mentioned by Government. It may not pick up all references as it uses Member:Truss as a trigger, but should pick up when Liz truss says something. It searches from 1st March 2013 onwards - you can change the date if you wish.

Liz has said that they will announce more details about the agencies, however I have not yet found those details. Has anyone found them? Have they even been published yet? Maybe it will come later.

jitterbug85 Thu 09-May-13 18:23:47

The way I took it was that under the new reforms there will come a point where the government will allow childminding agencies to form although it will be optional for childminders to join an agency or stay independent. Those who join an agency will not necessarily be inspected by ofsted. Instead the agency will be inspected and will pick a handful of their clients to go and inspect in the home as part of the agency inspection.

Stoney666 Thu 09-May-13 20:30:48

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/new-crisis-for-coalition-as-nick-clegg-vows-to-block-childcare-reforms-reforms-following-revolt-from-parent-groups-8608884.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now