Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ratios may not be increased!

(6 Posts)
WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 09-May-13 14:33:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iluvkids Thu 09-May-13 15:31:45

Yesss. Very excited

HSMMaCM Thu 09-May-13 17:13:48

Doesn't bother me. I wasn't increasing mine anyway.

Brownowlahi Thu 09-May-13 20:30:13

I'm probably going to get shot down in flames for saying this, but I was a bit annoyed to hear this. It already seems to be a grey area, some childminders can have an extra child if conditions are right and that's not fair, (Ie younger sibling starting). If I, and the parents are happy to have an extra child in the setting, I believe that should be fine. I'm not saying everyone would be able to manage 4 children, I know some childminders only like to have one or two little ones for their own reasons, but some people in some circumstances can manage with 4 little ones. I also wouldn't want 4 full time but would happily be able to cope with four for part of the week (bearing in mind two of mine are starting nursery in September, 15 hours a week, so wouldn't even be a full day with four.)

WouldBeHarrietVane Thu 09-May-13 20:39:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HSMMaCM Thu 09-May-13 21:01:23

Brown - I see what you mean, because I have had variations in the past for siblings, etc and the revised EYFS allows for this without all the paperwork. What I don't agree with is just giving everyone increased ratios regardless, so that some people will take on extra children simply for the money, regardless of health and safety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now