Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

cm club - do i interfer?

(6 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Fri 19-May-06 12:58:53

i have a little boy aged 4 and a half ive only been looking after him a few days (6 in total) but he's always tired and has fallen asleep on one occasion. when he's tired he's grumpy and mumbles alot then gets annoyed when you cant understand him. But when he's not tired he's a delightful child i just wish his mum would make sure he got enough sleep. I dont want to stop looking after him i just want him to enjoy his time here instead of being mardy from lack of sleep iyswim.

what should i do/ what would you do?

alison222 Fri 19-May-06 13:11:10

I might ask if he had been having disturbed nights or getting up early because of the light mornings as he has seemed overly tired while I was looking after him and that i would find it unusual for a 4.5 year old to need a nap in the day.
Basically sort of hedging gently around the subject trying to find out if it is the parent or something else.

ayla99 Fri 19-May-06 13:49:05

Sleep routines can vary tremendously in different households - for example, my neighbour gets up at 5am with her children (8 & 5 yrs) whereas my preference is to stay in bed til 8 whenever possible. I agree you should find out more about the childs routine at home and whether he normally dozes off in the day at home (It is unusual but I have known a child who was still having 2 hr afternoon naps a month before starting school).

LoveMyGirls Fri 19-May-06 14:36:56

his mum has just picked him up and i just said he'd been grumpy and sulky because he's so tired. she said he goes to bed at 8pm and wakes at 8am.

Isyhan Fri 19-May-06 16:33:40

Other causes of drowsiness? Poor diet, unwell, . I gather from her response that he doesnt usually go to sleep when hes with her? Or not?

jac34 Fri 19-May-06 16:43:18

My friend had a 5yo DS who kept falling asleep in the day.It turned out he was aneamic(sp)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: