Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Has all childminders

(12 Posts)
emmajane500 Fri 03-May-13 13:49:49

Got an accountant or do you all do your own taxes . .

wednesdaygirl Fri 03-May-13 13:56:47

Do my own

Been a cm for 10yrs now and have always done my own

emmajane500 Fri 03-May-13 14:55:41

I've been CM since January . I've been writing down all my incoming and outgoings . The tax return form I've received. So do I just do January till April of this year . Is it Easier doing it on line . Xxxx

calmlychaotic Fri 03-May-13 18:28:11

I use an accountant, shop around some have really good rates for small businesses.

Whatalotofpiffle Fri 03-May-13 19:05:55

Do my own

HSMMaCM Fri 03-May-13 20:19:49

I do my own and submitted online

anewyear Sat 04-May-13 08:45:58

I use my Dh bookepper, and she submits it grin

anewyear Sat 04-May-13 08:47:09

DH's book keeper..even

MUM2BLESS Sat 04-May-13 18:19:01

I do my own. Been minding for almost 5 years

Its not hard just takes time. Do it early. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL JAN TO COMPLETE - DONE THAT AND DONT RECOMMEND IT.

emmajane500 Sat 04-May-13 19:53:57

Thank you . I've spoke to an accountant he said 150 for doing my self assessment . Xx is that good xx

Akasa Sat 04-May-13 21:30:20

I have always done my own tax return. I have met a number of Registered Childminders who have used the services of professional accountants and the fees they have paid to the accountant often outweigh the perceived advantages. If you keep good records then doing your own return is really straight forward.

fudgesmummy Sun 05-May-13 15:30:46

I've always done my own for the last 20 years

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: