Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders, what booklets do I need?

(7 Posts)
Rootvegetables Wed 01-May-13 16:36:20

Im just starting out and in a muddle with paperwork. Would anyone mind telling me what I actually need.
I have got the new eyfs booklet although is there an assesment part to this? I've got a food safety book and a safeguarding children booklet. Anything else I actually need to order or is useful? Many thanks

irishlee Wed 01-May-13 20:20:59

To become a childminder you need to attend a briefing provided by your local council, at this you can sign up to the saturday course they provide or you can do the CYPOP5 online course both of these you will have to pay for, you will need to do a paediatric first aid course also once you have the dates for these you can apply to OFSTED to register, they will do the CRB for you once you have paid their fee. This process can take up to 2 months even more so. You a liable for all fees I'm afraid. Best of Luck!!

Rootvegetables Wed 01-May-13 20:39:21

Sorry I don't think I was very clear, I've done all those buys already I'm just trying to sort my portfolio out but it seems to need so much in it, yet I've heard people talk about the minimum ofsted requirements.

Rootvegetables Wed 01-May-13 20:39:46

In terms of paperwork, booklets etc

blueberryupsidedown Thu 02-May-13 13:30:53

I am not sure I understand your question tbh. All this should have been covered during your training. You need the safeguarding booklet, first aid certificate and booklet, any training you have done, food hygene certificate and booklet.

Have you written all your policies?

Have you got an example of the weekly register you will be using?


EYFS documents?

Any books on childhood development, language development, how to manage behaviour, any activities you may have, a calendar of religious and cultural festivals, etc.

You could also have the leaflet of the courses you would like to attend in terms of professional development (from your local council) and highlight the courses you are planning to take.

nannynick Thu 02-May-13 18:16:22

Do you mean policies & procedures? Or do you mean something which you show, rather than give, parents who visit?

looselegs Mon 06-May-13 19:12:15

You need a booklet called 'What to do if you think a child is being abused'-Ofstead always ask for that one!
Look on Google for where to get one x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: