Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Some general questions (CM asking) thanks lovely people

(4 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Tue 23-Apr-13 19:48:26

Good evening. Rather than asking each question under a seperate thread thought I would ask them together smile

1. Three of my cm kids are leaving shortly (same family). thinking of doing a little leaving party; maybe with a leaving present. Anyone done this? Do you do leaving parties? Your thoughts on this

2. What do I need to forward to mum of the youngest sibling who is leaving? (ie Learning Journal etc)

3. Got a two year old who is being toilet trained. Mother tongue not english, not sure how much he understands. I would rather he be in nappies until I understand if he wants to use the toilet or he lets me know. Any suggestions on how you did it or your doing it.

4. The two year old started this month; only just two. How long do I need to wait before doing the two year check?

Thank you so much

blueberryupsidedown Tue 23-Apr-13 20:54:24

1 - I would do a nice photo album with photos, scans of their art work, etc.

2 - don't know - journal yes, I keep a scrap book of their art work and photos, progress, any notes on his settling in and maybe recommendation for next setting?

3- agree on a sign with the parents. The makaton sign for poo is here www.redbridgehighschool.co.uk/css/pages/sub%20pages/parents/makaton/toilet.jpg but you could learn a few words in child's own language and make the sign, and encourage parents to use the sign at home

4 - I am not sure, but I would say 2 months. You better check on that as I am only guessing.

blueberryupsidedown Tue 23-Apr-13 20:57:11

That's the makaton sign for toilet, not poo!

MUM2BLESS Tue 23-Apr-13 21:36:54

Thanks blueberry.....

Will check this out. (link)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now