Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Just a rant - final straw

(13 Posts)
SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Tue 23-Apr-13 09:27:21

This morning my eldest charge knocked paper work off the side so as I was picking it up I noticed a letter and an application form. Letter to say that the eldest had been accepted to a school 26 miles from current address and the application for a nursery near the said school.

Now I was aware mum boss was changing jobs and that my hours would increase when she does. Seems not, seems they are getting rid of me.

Am fuming, this on top of numerous problems

Job hunt here we come

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 23-Apr-13 09:52:21

Why are you reading their mail???

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Tue 23-Apr-13 10:02:45

It was all open and had been knocked off the side by charge. I saw it as was picking it all up

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 23-Apr-13 10:06:59

I don't think it's right that you've taken the time to read their paperwork but...they should have warned you they were thinking of moving...however you are aware that moving a child to a school 26 miles away does not in itself indicate that you're going to be sacked or that they are moving house?

My sister travels almost 20 miles to take her kids to the school of her choice. She passes three others on the way....she didn't move when she got them in.

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Tue 23-Apr-13 10:30:34

They will most certainly be moving as the job she's taken is near the school and dads job is there.

I didn't read it I just caught the words accepted your child and the school name

beachyhead Tue 23-Apr-13 10:36:09

I would assume its her right to make sure she has all her schools and nursery lined up before she would discuss it with you. It may not have been certain that she would get those places.

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Tue 23-Apr-13 10:59:05

I agree what your saying but this isn't the only issue, have had many more

nannynick Tue 23-Apr-13 12:43:34

Maybe it is good to move on then. Would you qualify for redundancy pay?

OutragedFromLeeds Tue 23-Apr-13 12:57:44

I think you're best off out of it tbh. Look on it as a blessing in disguise. When are they moving?

Seb101 Tue 23-Apr-13 13:27:47

Poor you, it's only fair to keep you informed about your job, they sound a bit horrid. And by the way, If I'd noticed a letter left out and I saw it was a nursery application I'd look! If it was private they should have put it away out of sight. It's natural curiosity. If something directly effects your life you'd be a saint not to look at it. So don't worry about that. It's not like you've riffled through post and draws! It was left out, you saw it, you read it. No big deal. At least you know now and can start looking for something else, it gives you more time than you would have had. The best of luck in finding a fab job. grin

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Tue 23-Apr-13 13:59:38

I've been with them since Sept so not sure about redundancy pay - any ideas?

iluvkids Tue 23-Apr-13 14:09:06

You won't qualify for redundancy

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Tue 23-Apr-13 14:09:40

Ok thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now