Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much should I charge ?

(8 Posts)
Megsdaughter Fri 19-Apr-13 15:14:48

Am a live out nanny.
MB has asked me to babysit overnight.
As DH is away I can't do it at their house as means leaving the dogs on their own.
So I have offered to have them at mine overnight.
It would be from Friday afternoon till Saturday lunchtime when granny can get here.
I will take them home with me after preschool at 1pm ( usually finish at 5 but will go home earlier and the boys can walk the dogs with me)
So means an earlier go home, although still really working, then an overnight and morning although at my home.

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 19-Apr-13 15:31:18

I think you need to be carfeul about the legal implications/insurance issues. I think as a nanny you can only care for children at your home for 2 hours. Any longer than that and you're childminding.

I would charge normal rate from 5pm-7pm, babysitting rate 7pm-12am, overnight fee 12am-7am, normal rate 7am-when they're picked up.

Megsdaughter Fri 19-Apr-13 15:48:00

It's ok I'm am registered as a cm as well smile

OutragedFromLeeds Fri 19-Apr-13 16:24:03

grin perfect!

Maybe charge your childminding rate then?

Megsdaughter Fri 19-Apr-13 16:32:51

It was the overnight bit I wasn't so sure about. And although I'm registered I moved house since I childminded so will have to check out what the rate is here ( kept both register actions as nanny term time only and had the vague thought to offer ad hoc childminding in holidays)

minderjinx Sat 20-Apr-13 07:31:46

I charge my normal rate for hours when the child(ren) are up and about and half when they are (or should be) in bed. So for example normal rate for up to 8pm, half 8pm to seven am, then back to full.

nannynick Sat 20-Apr-13 08:57:09

Do you have your new reg certificate, as Ofsted removed the condition on not providing overnight care. With the new certificate, you just need to refer to EYFS framework documents for what you need to do to provide overnight care.

Fixed rate for sleeping time and usual rate for awake hours sounds sensible to me. How much for the overnight is hard to say... see if you can find out what any others charge, though also consider what your costs would be. £30-£40 perhaps. Consider how much someone would pay. Have the parents given any indication of what they would consider paying?

Megsdaughter Sat 20-Apr-13 13:08:57

Yep have one Nick (it's Shoshe btw)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now