Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

My Lovely Nanny Is Leaving

(14 Posts)
WishICouldGiveUpWork Mon 15-May-06 15:26:42

She confirmed last night that she will be leaving in August as she is going on to further education.
We had discussed it in the past and I am really delighted for her but DREADING the whole recruitment drama.Also,she has been so incredibly easy to live with and has been great with DD since she was 5 months I feel sick about her going.

controlfreaky Mon 15-May-06 15:28:21

look at it this way... you know there are excellent nannies out there and wont settle for second rate.. good luck.

Bink Mon 15-May-06 15:53:29

It's a terrible wrench, isn't it, I am sorry for you. She'll be feeling the same, I bet. Will she still be nearby, so able to become a family friend? We've done that with our ex-long-term nanny and I can't count the ways it's helped.

Anchovy Mon 15-May-06 16:04:12

I started an almost identically titled thread 7 months ago, after our nanny of 4 years handed in her notice to go travelling. I remember Bink gave me advice then as well. 7 months down the line we have a new nanny who is beyond fantastic. I promise you you will find another nanny, and your children will be settled and happy - it just takes a little bit of angst to get there.

ks Mon 15-May-06 16:14:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WishICouldGiveUpWork Mon 15-May-06 16:27:50

Thank you all-I know there are good and indeed great nannies out there I jst have seen so many nightmares with friends it scares me.Mind you-I have also seen how they have treated some of them

We will definitely stay in touch with our nanny but she lives 200 miles away so unlikely to see her very often.

I find having someone living in the house pretty stressful too-only wish we had a "nanny wing"-for their sake as much as mine!

Anchovy Mon 15-May-06 16:32:37

I was talking to someone last week who said that she had never met a nanny who could work out how to do things in the proper order. So, she told me, she writes down a list every day for her nanny not only of what she wants, but the best order in which to do it

Apparently she's had quite a few nannies......

WishICouldGiveUpWork Mon 15-May-06 16:39:31

Can't imagine why

nannynick Mon 15-May-06 19:16:15

Good luck with your hunt for a new nanny WICGUW. Its good to hear that your nanny has given you quite a bit of advance notice, as you can ease in to the recruitment of a new nanny. Perhaps you could consider a live-out nanny this time, if you find it stressful having someone else live in your home all the time.

Ordered list of tasks for a nanny... hmm, I've never had one of those. Mind you, I'm not contracted to do any domestic tasks though I do end up doing the more basic things like: washing-up, dishwasher loading/unloading, washing clothes, vacuming, fixing the tumble dryer, plumbing in the washing maching and dishwasher, hanging out the washing, changing light bulbs, collecting the hens eggs!

WishICouldGiveUpWork Mon 15-May-06 19:28:44

Sorry-I shuld have said that I find the thoughtof someone living in the house stressful-our current nanny has been fantastic and not in the least bit stressful to live with.

I wish I could have a daily nanny but some days I have to leave at 5am andthink it would be most unreasonable to ask a nanny to start at that time...

She has been great giving us so much notice-that's because she loves it here!
Well so she says....

TJM Wed 17-May-06 16:24:56

Message deleted

circle Fri 02-Jun-06 15:49:20

I'm the other way round to you, I'm a nanny and I'm leaving my job soon due to a house move but really don't want to. I've been with them since the little guy was 5 months and I love my job. It's very hard this way round too

Good luck finding a new nanny, have a look at nannyjob.co.uk

nannysammy Mon 15-Jun-09 20:13:10

hi. my name is sam.

iam working as a nanny but my contract will be ending at the end of july. iam am looking for a new nanny job.

iam availble to work at the end of july / start of august.
iam BTEC qualified, and expexienced with babies and toddlers. i have CRB check and refences.

my email is sammymoss19@aol.com

annh Mon 15-Jun-09 21:17:17

I thought there were some long-lost names on here! Nannysammy, this thread is three years old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now