Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best double buggy - Nipper out'n'about or baby jogger city mini?

(8 Posts)
lechatnoir Wed 17-Apr-13 22:32:22

I've tried a maclaren, P&T and Jane tandem but hated them all (too wide/heavy, no good for toddlers & too unstable/bus-like respectively!) so after much research have decided to invest in a decent double buggy that suits various combinations of babies +/or toddlers plus occasional buggy board.

The Nipper Out'n'about and Baby Jogger city Mini always seem to get rave reviews but I can't decide which to go for. Any thoughts?
LCN
Ps I'm hoping to get one 2nd hand if that makes any difference!

olivertheoctopus Wed 17-Apr-13 22:48:09

I know several people who have raved about the Out and About. V easy to manoeuvre apparently.

Seb101 Thu 18-Apr-13 09:28:19

I love my baby jogger. grin

Booh Thu 18-Apr-13 09:34:19

I actually have both at the moment.

I sold my phil & ted as its just no good for days out (lack of space for picnic etc)

I got a new baby jogger double as my out and about is in its last legs, but I am still using my out and about. It is so much easier to push, especially with one hand ( as I've got a toddlers hand to hold too). Plus I've used a buggy board on the out and about too, it's too hard to push the baby jogger with it on.

TwistAndShout Thu 18-Apr-13 18:42:42

I love my double nipper! So easy and light even with a buggy board on it. Only slight down side is its quite bulky when folded but still my favourite pushchair.

starlightloz Thu 18-Apr-13 21:34:55

I have used so many different double buggies and the Out and About is the best by a long way. Comfy for the little ones and you can practically push it with one finger! Really easy to push and goes well on all terrains, have used it on the beach, old railway track, in the woods etc. Just about to buy a new one for when I have my next baby and have 2 under 2's.

BobStrangeNameforaGirl Fri 19-Apr-13 08:28:29

I've had both. Nipper is far and away the best for pushing but I had to sell mine because folded it's just too big. The BJCM fits in my Zafira boot with all of the seats up. It's not as well built, but it does the job. I've had mine about 15 months and it looks totally knackered.

If you've got the space in the car and house I'd definitely recommend the Nipper.

Justanotherday Sun 21-Apr-13 14:32:19

Baby Jogger City Select Double with a buggy board (glider). You will love it!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now