Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Male Childminder

(5 Posts)
prodis1234 Wed 17-Apr-13 21:09:14

Hi there just registered on here after watching my wife reading threads for months about childminding. I am a male childminder and have been registered for about a year and a half now. I am currently very busy and am loving this job. Was just wondering if there and any other men out there who currently work as childminders. How have you found the job and other people acceptance of you. Have to admit its been a struggle for me, but overcome peoples perceptions eventually. Here's hoping that it will remain busy, its all about your reputation in this business. Let me know how you have found it?

HSMMaCM Wed 17-Apr-13 21:55:05

My DH is a CM. We occasionally get asked who changes the nappies, but generally response has been positive and it hasn't stopped us getting business.

StetsonsAreCool Wed 17-Apr-13 22:00:16

Totally unrelated, but I would love to send my dd to a male childminder. Not many (or even any) round here though. I'm pleased male CMs exist, so, umm, well done!

<award for pointless post of the night goes to...>

prodis1234 Wed 17-Apr-13 22:36:21

Thanks for that. Been told that I am one of 20 male childminders in Scotland. So not many male childminders round here either. I think that it should just come down to who you trust with your children, and luckily for me it has. The fact that I am a man is totally coincidental.

nannynick Wed 17-Apr-13 22:41:24

Not a childminder but a nanny, or Manny as some like to call it.
More about me and men working with children in the current edition of Home Childcarer magazine (digital version is Free).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now