Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM variations

(5 Posts)
MsDeerheart Wed 17-Apr-13 21:01:14

My CM told me she can't apply for any variations of numbers at the moment - is this the case - ideally she would like to have an extra school age child

HSMMaCM Wed 17-Apr-13 21:53:12

Ofsted and the revised EYFS have changed the requirements this year and the government are trying to change them again. In any case she won't be allowed more than 6 under 8s. She may be waiting to see what the next change is before committing herself, or she may already have her maximum numbers.

NickNacks Wed 17-Apr-13 22:14:58

Or she's letting you down gently...

Twinklestarstwinklestars Thu 18-Apr-13 00:29:24

Childminders don't have to apply to ofsted anymore, they need to rush assess it them self and decide whether it would be safe and fit the criteria set out in eyfs, maybe she is full?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Thu 18-Apr-13 00:31:05

And if its a school age child she wouldn't need a variation anyway, you can have your max numbers as long as you have a space, e.g I can have 5 under 8 (1 of my own), if I only had 1 under 5 I could have the other 4 as school age ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now