Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

looking after over 8's only

(4 Posts)
joellie183 Wed 17-Apr-13 16:55:17

I would like to look after children aged 8 and over and register on ofsteds voluntary register. I already have a recent crb check and first aid, does anyone know what else I need or need to do?

I also hold a nneb diploma.

I have heard common core course mentioned when asking around but no idea what this is or if this is a course I would have to do!

Any help or advice would be great, thanks!

nannynick Wed 17-Apr-13 19:52:44

I have an NNEB and I did a common core course via MNT. Ofsted accepted registration, never been inspected.
I am a nanny but your reg would be on the same part of childcare register so very similar.
You need insurance, talk to providers about which policy you need given the care is provided at your home.

joellie183 Wed 17-Apr-13 20:07:45

Thanks nannynick! did you do the home study for common core? just had a quick look now but will look more later.

nannynick Wed 17-Apr-13 22:54:12

Yes, it was a home study pack.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: