Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Unsure what to do

(4 Posts)
christmashope Mon 15-Apr-13 16:03:30

Ok so
I am a childminder and love my job but in the past few months my kids aged 7&8 seem to
Have got every bug going resulting in me having to shut my home! I feel
So torn when kids are ill cause I hate letting people down but being a mum
Comes first and to top it all off I was off all of last week with flu like symptoms.
We are in the planning process of putting on an extension main reason so that we have an extra room for childminding.
My
Husband within the next 2 years will
Be going off to work and will only be home 3 days out of 7 he will be making alot more money so it will be worth it.

I
Suppose what I am asking is is it time that I gave up
Childminding -and focused on my family. It would mean that we wouldn't need a extension and I think that when my husband moves off for work I might find it really hard childminding and raising my children anyway.
On
The other hand I have spent over 5 years building up my business and have a waiting list for spaces.
I just don't know what to do

HSMMaCM Mon 15-Apr-13 18:21:11

You could always carry on, but scale down your business a bit for a while. Maybe term time only, or holidays only, or no school runs, or finish at 4pm, or whatever would work for you and your family. Depends if you think you would ever want to go back to it. I built an extension for CM, which has subsequently been great for teenage parties for my DD, so it worked for us as a family as well as for business.

calmlychaotic Mon 15-Apr-13 18:27:07

I am blaming the horrible extended winter for all the sickness. Its just starting to get nice now. Day in the garden today feel like I'm coming out of hibernation! my lot are just starting to seem a bit healthier now so hopefully yours will be the same. I sympathise, can't remember last time I felt healthy.

calmlychaotic Mon 15-Apr-13 18:28:49

I am blaming the horrible extended winter for all the sickness. Its just starting to get nice now. Day in the garden today feel like I'm coming out of hibernation! my lot are just starting to seem a bit healthier now so hopefully yours will be the same. I sympathise, can't remember last time I felt healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now