Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any cms, nannies, babysitters in the St Ives area (Cornwall)?

(11 Posts)
bigbadbarry Mon 15-Apr-13 09:42:14

Just putting out some feelers - sometime in the next couple of weeks I have to come to st Ives for a funeral. Trouble is we live n Chester so are looking at either a 7-hour drive or a flight, and at least one night away if not two. Am debating what to do with my children- older ones I am sure can be left with friends but my 3-year-old is more of a problem. I am considering bringing her, in which case I will be looking for a few hours of childcare just to cover the funeral service and burial, either in our hotel or at somebody's house. I know it is not ideal for her or for you, having a strange child, but if anybody would consider this I would be so grateful.

bigbadbarry Mon 15-Apr-13 12:37:48

bump

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 15-Apr-13 17:08:39

Have you tried putting an ad on childcare.co.uk or try childmindinghelp.co.uk

bigbadbarry Mon 15-Apr-13 17:17:16

Haven't really tried anything yet, am all at sixes and sevens. I do now know it will be Friday 26th. Thanks for your suggestions.

bigbadbarry Mon 15-Apr-13 17:37:17

Childcare.co.uk won't let me contact anybody without upgrading to paid membership sad

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 15-Apr-13 17:56:28

If you view a load if local childminders though someone may reply who has paid membership, or look up the local families information service for the area, some have websites and you'll get a list of childminders

bigbadbarry Mon 15-Apr-13 18:04:25

Will they know if I have viewed them? Sorry if I am being dense,

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 15-Apr-13 18:11:58

Yes they'll get a message and you should if they view you too.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Mon 15-Apr-13 18:12:19

Or there's the netmums childcare board too.

BitzerMalyoniAllSkinnyAndBony Tue 16-Apr-13 20:45:19

Look up FIS Cornwall - that will take you to Cornwall Council's family information service. I was a CM in Cornwall and know some lovely ones but not in st ives area unfortunately. You could give them a ring - they're very helpful smile

bigbadbarry Wed 17-Apr-13 09:26:32

Thank you, I mailed the four on the FIS list yesterday but only one replied so far t say she no longer did childminding! Will get on the phone later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now