Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Just had my First inspection Graded OUTSTANDING

(21 Posts)
childminderjanet Sun 14-May-06 11:04:55

Hello I just wanted to share my news. I had my inspection on 11/05/06 so pleased I got graded outstanding, but suffering a fair amount of bitching from the other local childminders who have been registered for years.I sort of understand their point I only registered last year,BUT I am a qualified Nanny with 19yrs experience so I would have been very dissapointed if I didn't get at least a good.

looneytune Sun 14-May-06 12:25:44

Well done! Don't worry about what other people think, they are just jealous!

childminderjanet Sun 14-May-06 17:14:05

Thanks for that looneytune just need to fill my places now

dinny Sun 14-May-06 17:16:35

well done, Janet - where are you?

Isyhan Sun 14-May-06 17:33:27

One thing that has struck me since I thought about becoming a childminder is what an envious lot childminders can be. ive come across it quite often but I guess now Ive noticed it it stands out more to me. The shame of it is that some parents pick up on it and they shoot themselves in the foot. I experienced it recently and Im not even registered.

looneytune Sun 14-May-06 17:41:44

Have you seen the advertising tips thread I put together? I'll bump it up just in case it's useful

PandaG Sun 14-May-06 17:43:52

Well done - what an achievement! I was very pleased with a good.

motherinferior Sun 14-May-06 17:45:08

That's really impressive - I've just written an article on Ofsted grading. Congratulations.

breadandroses Sun 14-May-06 20:45:59

Congratulations!

childminderjanet Sun 14-May-06 21:56:09

Thanks everyone
I'm in Petts Wood nr Orpington/Bromley Kent

hulababy Sun 14-May-06 21:59:11

Well done!

Booh Mon 15-May-06 09:03:00

well done! i had the same thing from local CM's as I was graded outstanding too! but am a regestered nanny with SN experience etc so wouldn't have expected any less!

sarahhal Mon 15-May-06 09:05:30

Well done - outstanding in OFSTED's eyes really is outstanding!!!!

childminderjanet Mon 15-May-06 11:52:29

Although I was pleased when she said My practise was outstanding I didn't know quite what a big deal it is until the phone calls from Well wishers at Bromley early years started rolling in! I am still in shock and expect Ofsted to ring me back and say they've made a mistake

Isyhan Mon 15-May-06 12:51:22

tell us your secret.

CHEEPS Thu 18-May-06 12:25:06

Hi
I am not due till Aug, but wondered at what age you took children and how much you charge?
Thanks

childminderjanet Thu 18-May-06 12:44:35

Hi CHEEPS I don't have any lower age limit for taking on babies. If you would like a list of my rates or anymore information please email me at janet.ashcroft@hotmail.com. Good luck with you baby.

puppy Thu 18-May-06 13:51:12

Congratulations childminderjanet on your outstandind inspection!!

babyhollie Sat 20-May-06 21:21:23

hi janet i would love to see your report and also what policies you have lol.

please email me at nicolatkinder@aol.com

Nicola x

childminderjanet Sun 21-May-06 08:22:27

Hello Nicola,

I only had my inspection on 11/05/06 so haven't got the report yet.I will post it on here as soon as I get it.
As for my policies I will email you a list of ones in my portfolio.
Have you had an Ofsted inspection yet?

babyhollie Sun 21-May-06 22:07:37

Hi there

Thanks I had my inspection in December of last yeara nd got a good. but would love to see your policies just to have a read through plesse.
My email address is nicolatkinder@aol.com

Thanks and contragulations also

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: