Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

driving test

(3 Posts)
LovelyNanny26 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:12:18

Im a nanny learning to drive .I cant not to drive anymore as a lot of parents want you to drive this
days especially in London. Any tips to pass your test.

CreatureRetorts Tue 09-Apr-13 19:21:12

Have 2 hour lessons every week. Practice between lessons.

Learn to deal with nerves - I used rescue remedy and would also listen to upbeat music before a lesson and my test to get rid of nervous energy. Listen to your instructor - change instructor if you don't get on - ask loads of questions.

BackforGood Tue 09-Apr-13 19:25:36

If you aren't able to practice with anyone (and I'm not sure all people would be a help anyway), then save your money up and take two lessons a week. If you have an hour, then a week until your next lesson, then it tends to take 15 - 20mins to 'get back into it' so you are kind of wasting 1/4 - 1/3 of each lesson getting back to where you were when you left it last week.
By having money saved, you might also be able to negotiate a discount for booking 8 lessons in one go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now