Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

driving test

(3 Posts)
LovelyNanny26 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:12:18

Im a nanny learning to drive .I cant not to drive anymore as a lot of parents want you to drive this
days especially in London. Any tips to pass your test.

CreatureRetorts Tue 09-Apr-13 19:21:12

Have 2 hour lessons every week. Practice between lessons.

Learn to deal with nerves - I used rescue remedy and would also listen to upbeat music before a lesson and my test to get rid of nervous energy. Listen to your instructor - change instructor if you don't get on - ask loads of questions.

BackforGood Tue 09-Apr-13 19:25:36

If you aren't able to practice with anyone (and I'm not sure all people would be a help anyway), then save your money up and take two lessons a week. If you have an hour, then a week until your next lesson, then it tends to take 15 - 20mins to 'get back into it' so you are kind of wasting 1/4 - 1/3 of each lesson getting back to where you were when you left it last week.
By having money saved, you might also be able to negotiate a discount for booking 8 lessons in one go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: