Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Cm tax/expenses - can anyone explain how/if you can buy back your own DC things (buggies, toys etc)

(3 Posts)
lechatnoir Tue 09-Apr-13 10:13:19

Quite a few of my cm resources were purchased & used for my own DC but now they have grown out of them they are solely used for CM - buggy, car seat, baby toys, travel cots etc plus some bits my sister gave me.
I seem to remember reading something about an allowance for this sort of expenditure and wondered if anyone could shed any light on it? And if this is possible, what proof of likely 2nd hand cost do you need?

leeloo1 Tue 09-Apr-13 11:54:39

You write a receipt to yourself and put it in with your expenses.

I had a whole list of things that had been my DCs and did the same thing, so it was something like:

baby gym/playmat - £30
duplo - £40
megablox - £10
jigsaw puzzles x 4 - £20
highchair - £15

I looked at prices I'd originally paid and took off a third I think (as they were in very good condition so on ebay I'd have been able to get similar prices.

As long as you can justify it to the tax man if you're ever audited then its not a problem.

Brownowlahi Tue 09-Apr-13 21:08:50

I never knew you could do this. It is quite relevant to me at the moment as my youngest dc is nearly 3, so has outgrown all the baby stuff and we are only keeping it as I childminder. Thanks for that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: