Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do parents take library/ shop window ad's seriously...?

(4 Posts)
Cathyrina Mon 08-Apr-13 19:30:47

Hi,

I'm job hunting at the moment in a certain area in London and was thinking about hanging out job wanted ad's in the library and costa/ starbucks etc. but have been told that most parents wouldn't take this seriously and most likely wouldn't get in touch because it seems to be quite weird...

Not exactly sure what I should think about this, of course it's worth a try and I guess I'll end up doing it anyway but what is your opinion about this? Are you looking at those kind of things and would you contact them?

Thanks

Eastpoint Tue 09-Apr-13 06:01:41

I've employed people via cards in the newsagent or post office etc. quite happily. As long as you have contactable references I can't see a problem. I wouldn't look at the notice board in our local Sainsbury's or the Tesco's Local though, not sure why, possibly because I have too much on my mind when I'm food shopping. I found someone who worked for me for 4 years that way.

What about asking if you can put up signs at local nurseries too? I have found babysitters that way & my about to be 15 yr old daughter is going to advertise for babysitting at her old school (we think 15 is about right to start babysitting). Private gyms often have ads too. If you live in West London have a look at the neighbourhood net sites, they function in Putney, Hammersmith, Ealing, Chiswick & Acton. Eg Actonw5.

KnottedAnchorChief Tue 09-Apr-13 17:43:57

I look in my local shop at ads placed and yes I would make contact. I got a childminder this way and was very happy. I'd seen a number of people and she was by far the best.
Make it look professional, give phone and email contacts etc and be prepared to give really good references.
Generally speaking as an employer i would admire someone who was actively seeking clients and thinking about how to reach them, to me that's a good thing!

Akasa Tue 09-Apr-13 20:52:47

I agree - it will be the neat, tidy advert that is easy to see and quickly read that produces results. It is worth spending some time on producing something that looks businesslike and professional - those things are so important. You want potential customers to expect you to run your business with the same professionalism that you put into producing your advertisements - clear, informative, attractive, etc. etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now