Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childcare for evenings

(4 Posts)
thinkofawonderfulthought Mon 08-Apr-13 16:16:59

My husband and I are starting up our own business. Hope to be open within the next 4-6 weeks. The problem is we will both (at least initially) have to work evenings and I'm not sure what to do about childcare. DS is one year and has never been put to bed my anyone else other than my husband or my mum. My mum will be able to take him 3 nights of the week but we still need someone for the other 3 nights (we'll be closed one day a week). I'm not even sure if I should be looking for a childminder or a babysitter, what age range, how much I should be paying someone, etc. Any ideas appreciated.

longjane Mon 08-Apr-13 16:57:54

1st where are you?
this will factor in cost and how many nannies there are around

2 what hours do you want?
if you just what evening after say 6/7 till late you could just a babysitter/nanny who does babysitting or childminder who does baby sitting

3 Do you want him out of house and sleeping some else house? this is a childminder job only! IMHO

thinkofawonderfulthought Tue 09-Apr-13 14:00:47

We are in a rural area of N. Ireland, very few nannies around. Hours from 5pm - midnight, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. I agree, this is a job for a childminder but I'm very pessimistic we'll be able to find one willing to work those extremely unsocial hours!

ReetPetit Tue 09-Apr-13 21:10:51

So you would collect and wake him up at midnight ?? That seems horribly cruel for a 1yr old and most unsettling! I would advertise on childcare.co.UK or whatever site similar you have where you live and try and get someone to come to your home. Do you and your dh really both need to be out together?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now