Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs - would you find a housewarming gift appropriate or not?

(12 Posts)
Thurlow Fri 05-Apr-13 13:30:50

And if you wouldn't think it inappropriate, what would you like?

Our CM is moving house soon (luckily still convenient for me), they have had a very difficult year with family illnesses etc but have still been so supportive and flexible looking after DC. We'd like to buy them a housewarming gift but I don't know what to get. I don't think they drink, so the usual bottle of fizz is probably not a good idea.

Any thoughts, or do you think a present would be a bit inappropriate?

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 05-Apr-13 14:28:57

I think it would be nice (i'm a cm and never get bought gifts) maybe an ornament or something to her taste?

trinity0097 Fri 05-Apr-13 14:33:45

A voucher for John Lewis/M&S as there are always new house related things that need buying when you move!

doughnut44 Fri 05-Apr-13 16:18:50

I love garden ornaments as the minded children love them too x

calmlychaotic Fri 05-Apr-13 18:37:43

I think that's a lovely idea, a good luck in your new home card with a little message would be lovely, just saying you appreciate her as you said above. I'm useless at choosing presents, I always go with vouchers. Not inappropriate at all.

Thurlow Fri 05-Apr-13 21:32:45

I think vouchers might be the way forward! Thanks for letting me know it's not inappropriate though.

MaureenMLove Fri 05-Apr-13 21:34:07

Don't forget the homemade card from your lo's!

MUM2BLESS Fri 05-Apr-13 21:39:14

Thats so lovely of you. A gift card or voucher would be an idea.

Thurlow Fri 05-Apr-13 21:45:11

Maureen, noooo - DD is only 15m, I am a wimp and leave all the painting and drawing to the CM! grin

MaureenMLove Fri 05-Apr-13 22:09:21

Good for you! I was a CM for a long time, but I never, ever did glitter! Paint yes, under strict controlled conditions, but never glitter! grin

fivesacrowd Sat 06-Apr-13 09:59:09

I think a housewarming gift or even just a card would be greatly appreciated by your cm. As for glitter, I love it, especially when all my mindees, me and my house are covered in it although I got some in my eye last Christmas - weirdest and most painful work related injury yet! grin

Jiina Sun 07-Apr-13 15:46:52

I think it's a lovely idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now