Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Just like to introduce myself

(16 Posts)
kpnuts2006 Mon 08-May-06 12:28:59

Hi there, just a quick note introducing myself. My name is Krista Parton and I live in Bolton. Im just in the process of registrating for childminding. I have a 10 month old baby girl. I have been reading through all your discussions and found them very helpful in making decisions. Nice to meet you all

zoeuk1 Mon 08-May-06 12:56:12

hello there krista. im pretty new here too.and i agree, there is loads of useful info here!

kpnuts2006 Mon 08-May-06 13:31:13

Hi there zoe, are you a registered childminder or in the process or parent?

LoveMyGirls Mon 08-May-06 15:05:58

hello im newly registered too, had 2 phonecalls in 2 days and out of that ive had one visit - fingers crossed it goes as well for you as it has for me so far.

good luck and chat soon x

kpnuts2006 Mon 08-May-06 17:02:44

Many thanks zoe, having inspection visit on monday, really scared. Feel better once its over with. So have you actually started minding yet?

ThePrisoner Mon 08-May-06 22:41:45

Good luck for Monday - just put the kettle on and relax. We all moan about Ofsted inspectors, but they are human really (she says knowingly ...)

zoeuk1 Tue 09-May-06 11:14:05

i was registered last year but couldnt start minding as we were moving house. started minding in january and now have after schoolers only. would like to get a daytime mindee but the calles i have are for termtime and school hols. i dont really mind though because it gives me a bit of income and i have all day to sort the house out!

zoeuk1 Tue 09-May-06 11:16:09

oh and the initial inspection isnt that bad. they just check your house and ask you some questions. all pretty much commmon sense. as for ofsted, ive been waiting 3 months for my inspection report! they keep saying "you will get it next week", everytime i call them!!

kpnuts2006 Tue 09-May-06 16:39:38

Thanks all, i feel a bit better, just having a spring clean, any excuse for one!!! HE HE. How long does it usually take in your experiences from inspection to registration complete? Just so that i can get an idea!!

zoeuk1 Tue 09-May-06 21:18:19

it was fairly quick for me. after the inspector looked round etc she told me that she would be registering me to look after 5 children,so i knew i was going to be registered on the same day. cant remember how long it took for my certificate to come through, maybe about 4 weeks?

kpnuts2006 Mon 15-May-06 13:16:00

YIPPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!! Had my first inspection with OFSED today and she told me that i am suitable to childmind. Im so excited, just got to wait for my checks to come back and away we go!!!!!

Isyhan Mon 15-May-06 14:23:03

Ive just called OFSTED today. My social service checks have been done they're just waiting for CRB. I called CRB and they have nearly done all checks so hopefully my registration shouldnt take too long now. Nice to meet you Krista.

kpnuts2006 Tue 16-May-06 15:26:00

Nice to meet you too Isyhan! Fingers crossed!!! Good luck

shaz23 Wed 17-May-06 20:45:30

"Intro to all of mumsnet"
Hi, My name is Sharon Fleming and I am a Ofsted Registered Childminder. I have a little boy who is two and I live at Hadleigh in Suffolk.

kpnuts2006 Sat 20-May-06 12:59:16

Nice to meet you sharon. just wondering if you know of any sort of financial help you can get as a childminder i.e. grants? Many thanks

shaz23 Sat 20-May-06 15:35:59

When I first started out I got a grant from Early years I think, it covered all my courses and other things like safety etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: