Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Need a name... Help please

(10 Posts)
nannycaz Sun 10-Mar-13 22:36:03

I am a nanny in the east midlands. I am currently looking into doing work at events and weddings. I have been contacting hotels to discuss my services with them. I also want to make some business cards and a facebook group but am really struggling thinking of a catchy name for myself. Should I just use my name? or something more than that?
I am new to this area of nannying and really want to get it right.

nannynick Sun 10-Mar-13 22:43:17

Sounds like it may be like a mobile creche - will you have staff? If so could creche be incorporated into the business name?

Caz-a-creche, mobile creche for weddings, funerals and more!

Creche with the special e character, no idea how to get that on an ipad.

nannycaz Sun 10-Mar-13 22:50:33

Hi Nannynick
At the moment it is something that im looking at starting of doing my self, so of course depends on how many children are at a venue to whether i would be able to take the bookings or not, so at first that would be hard. Once I have got started properly then i will look at having others working with me. For this do they have to be qualified etc, if they will be with myself the whole time?

nannycaz Sun 10-Mar-13 22:51:11

Like your idea though thanks smile

nannynick Mon 11-Mar-13 10:30:51

That may be worth a read. Not sure if it is current, it is now nearly 3 years old.

nannynick Mon 11-Mar-13 10:37:43

Also worth a read, seems a bit more recent.

Slainte Mon 11-Mar-13 10:39:15

Wedding crechers?

squinker45 Mon 11-Mar-13 18:58:12

Zavi Mon 11-Mar-13 20:27:52

I don't see how this could work if you're on your own, OP.

What will look after the other children if one of them needs you to take them to the toilet?

What if you need to go to the toilet?

What if you're stuck in traffic?

What if you're sick that day - before or after you get there?

Don't you need to be registered as a CM by the council / have an enhanced CRB check in place?

Do you need to be registered with the council of each borogh that you're working in - or is registration transferable?

I don't see how you can do this without employing another person tbh.

fraktion Tue 12-Mar-13 11:14:02

I don't think you'd be able to do it on your own for all the reasons mentioned.

Special characters on iPad, press and hold the letter and all the accented variations appear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now