Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Hiring mothers help tax questions

(3 Posts)
happydutchmummy Sun 24-Feb-13 08:31:32

Thanks. That's brilliant

nannynick Sat 23-Feb-13 22:00:11

It can be quite simple by paying a payroll service to sort it out for you. They will register you as an employer (or if they physically need you to do something they will give you specific instructions on how to do it), produce payslips, tell you when and how much to pay to HMRC, send you any forms you need to complete along with instructions on how to complete it - such as putting the mileage figure in the right box and the mileage pay amount.

Agree a gross salary and use a nanny payroll service is what I suggest. The payroll service will handle or assist with anything that arises. Monthly payroll is typical. Weekly payroll may be available but it will cost you more in admin fee, so try to get your mothers help to accept monthly pay.

Try not to worry about it, out source it. For less than 12 pounds a month someone else will deal with a lot of it for you and help you with any bits you do need to complete yourself.

happydutchmummy Sat 23-Feb-13 20:41:38


I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant and once again horrific morning sickness has kicked in. With my last pregnancy it lasted 9 months and I was sick, weak and pitiful. Now I have a toddler to look after and it's quickly becoming obvious I need help for the 3 days a week when I'm home alone with her. So I was thinking about getting a mothers help just to play with her and maybe do a few little bits (putting some laundry on, cooking dd dinner, etc).

Having looked at a couple of the previous threads I see that I'll be expected to sort out her tax,etc. how difficult will this be? Is it a simple process?


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now